Who is it for?
Green Dragon Level One provides the ideal starting point for any organisation starting out on a journey towards environmental management.
What you need to do
1. Responsibility and Resources – Make a senior management commitment to addressing environmental impacts and appoint “competent persons” to implement an Environmental Management System (EMS)
2. Environmental Review – Carry out an initial Environmental Review of your business activities, products and services to identify those that have an impact on the environment and decide what will be included in your EMS
3. Environmental Policy – Produce an environmental policy stating your commitment to improve your environmental performance
4. Environmental Monitoring – Establish a monitoring programme to measure your use of resources such as energy, water and creation of waste
5. Improvement Plan – Develop an improvement plan showing the measures you will take to improve your environmental performance
· Demonstrate to stakeholders that your organisation is committed to tackling environmental issues
· Identify ways to reduce costs through efficiency savings
· Identify and minimise environmental risks
If you meet the standard’s requirements you will be issued with a certificate and your details will be registered on the Green Dragon website.
Your certificate will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue.