Who is it for?
Green Dragon Level 2 is ideal for organisations that have made a commitment to improving environmental performance and are starting to embed an Environmental Management System in the workplace.
What you need to do
1. Register of Compliance – Identify environmental legislation that applies to the organisation and its activities
2. Managing Legal Compliance – Document and demonstrate compliance with environmental legislation
3. Emergency Preparedness – Develop plans for controlling environmental risks and emergencies
4. Internal Communication & Competence – Ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities within the EMS
5. Environmental Records – Keep records to demonstrate that the EMS is functioning
· Demonstrate to stakeholders that your organisation is taking action to improve environmental performance
· Reduce risks of prosecution
· Demonstrate legal compliance
· Positively engage staff in business improvements
Organisations wishing to register for Green Dragon Level 2 must also achieve the requirements of Green Dragon Level 1.
If you meet the standard’s requirements you will be issued with a certificate and your details will be registered on the Green Dragon website.
Your certificate will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
In recognition of reaching this stage of environmental management, organisations can also display the Green Dragon Logo on their corporate literature.