Who is it for?
Green Dragon Level 4 is for organisations where environmental performance is embedded throughout the organisation. Level 4 is particularly suited to medium sized organisations operating different sites, processes or shifts which require documented controls and procedures.
What you need to do
1. Training – Assess needs and provide environmental training to all staff
2. Environmental Manual – Produce an environmental manual with an overview of the EMS
3. Control of Documents – Establish processes to control EMS documents
4. System & Process Procedures – Develop processes to address legal requirements, environmental impacts, training needs, environmental performance, record keeping and environmental communications.
5. System Monitoring – Develop systems to measure and correct the effectiveness of the EMS
· Fully embedded EMS within the organisation
· Measurable improvements to environmental performance
· Engaged and trained staff
Organisations wishing to register for Green Dragon Level 4 must also achieve the requirements of Green Dragon Levels 1 to 3.
Green Dragon Level 4 is assessed through an audit visit undertaken by a Green Dragon Auditor. A level 4 audit will also cover Levels 1 to 3.
Re-certification visits may require less time. If you have received consultancy support from a Green Dragon consultant your site audit will not be undertaken by that person.
If you meet the standard’s requirements you will be issued with a certificate and your details will be registered on the Green Dragon website.
Your certificate will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
In recognition of reaching this stage of environmental management, organisations can also display the Green Dragon Logo on their corporate literature and are eligible to purchase Green Dragon Environmental Standard Plaques for display.