GLA Grants – Community-Led Recovery Programme
The Mayor of London has launched a new programme to involve London’s diverse communities in the city’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. This programme is a way for communities most deeply affected by COVID-19 to share their lived experience and collaborate with decision makers to reimagine our city as fairer, greener and more resilient than it was before.
The programme includes two grant streams:
- Community-Led Action Grant: offers grants between £2,000 and £9,000 to initiate social action projects which gather new insights.
- London Community Story Grant: offers grants between £500 and £1,500 to organisations with existing projects which capture Londoner’s experience of COVID-19, supporting them to be presented and shared with a wide audience.
Who can apply?
This grant is open to all user-led community, voluntary, faith, cultural, grassroots organisations. We are particularly interested in those who would not usually be reached through mass engagement because they face barriers such as racism, digital exclusion, language, insecure immigration status and mistrust of public institutions.
Successful applicants must:
- Be a registered charity, social enterprise or Community Interest Company that can demonstrate a track record of transparent financial accounting processes.
- Have an annual income under £250,000.
- Hold a UK bank account.
- Or be an individual or un-constituted community group nominating a partner organisation to receive the funds on their behalf.
How to apply?
Applications for the Community-Led Recovery Programme are now closed.
APPLICATION GUIDANCE – LONDON COMMUNITY STORY
APPLICATION GUIDANCE – COMMUNITY-LED ACTION
COMMUNITY-LED RECOVERY – PROSPECTUS
COMMUNITY-LED RECOVERY FAQ’S
MORE ABOUT COMMUNITY-LED RECOVERY GRANTS
EXAMPLE APPLICATION LONDON COMMUNITY STORY
EXAMPLE APPLICATION COMMUNITY-LED ACTION
Join our information sessions and application workshop!
Greater London Authority and Groundwork London will host online information sessions and an application workshop for anyone who are considering applying for either of the grants. These sessions are free and provides guidance and insight into completing your application.
Information Session 1 – Monday 18th January 11:30 – 13:30 Register here
Information Session 2 – Thursday 28th January 16:30–18:30 Register here
Application workshop – Wednesday 3rd February 16:30–18:30 Register here
If you have any questions about these grants, please email us at CommunityLedRecovery@groundwork.org.uk or call us on 020 7239 1390
Groundwork is managing the grant application process on behalf of Greater London Authority.