Central is a free, skills-training programme that provides employment support for young people living in Central London. Through this programme, we can support you by providing training in industry-specific skills, helping you to stand out and succeed in your future career. We have qualified tutors and dedicated Employment Advisors to work with you throughout, supporting you towards employment.
What does our Central programme offer trainees?
- Qualified tutors who run structured sessions to assist trainees in gaining awards and qualifications in various subjects, including Employability Skills, Horticulture, Business Administration, Customer Service, English and Maths Functional Skills
- Employment Advisors who offer 1-2-1 tailored coaching and support, including help with interview skills, preparing for work, CV writing, and confidence building
- Employer Liaison Team who will identify suitable job opportunities across various sectors, and support trainees in securing interviews
- Assistance applying for apprenticeship programs and traineeships
- Support into further education, if that’s the right path for you
There are several progression pathways you can follow from our programme, including a paid six-month training programme in cycle mechanics with Westminster Wheels.
To take part in the Central training programme, you must be:
- Aged 16 – 24 years old
- Not currently in employment, education, or training
- Currently living in Camden, City, Hackney, Harringay, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, or Westminster
Get in touch today!
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from being a part of Central, please get in touch with our team:
Lorder-Sade Akinbo, NEETs Team Leader – M: 07387105573, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Verity Sayer, Employment Advisor – M: 07999402119, E:email@example.com
or Paige Edwards, Employment Advisor – M: 07549019133, E:firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquires please contact Programme Manager Nicola Bryne – E: Nicola.Byrne@groundwork.org.uk M: 07808 898651