ESB COVID-19 Emergency Fund
The COVID-19 Emergency fund aims to support communities within the Area of Benefit of ESB windfarms. The fund is open to initiatives and activities addressing the impact of coronavirus in the community.
We understand that there are many groups planning to deliver much needed project and activities in their community, therefore we encourage a partnership approach to ensure that safeguarding issues and appropriate processes are in place.
Visit groundworkni-esb.com for further information about the criteria and scoring matrix.
The fund is open to not-for-profit and voluntary community-based organisations delivering COVID-19 emergency projects and activities to support vulnerable sections of the community in the existing wind farm areas of benefit. The funding is not to be used to fund organisational running costs.
Funding will be awarded per wind farm, in amounts of between £250 and £1,000. The fund’s priority is to address the following issues:
- provision of meals, emergency food parcels or other support for the isolated and vulnerable.
- collection of and delivering prescriptions and medication for the isolated and vulnerable.
- resources and activities related to the delivery of the above such as PPE, fuel, transport services, volunteer expenses.
- Home schooling support including access to laptops, school materials and other related items.
To be eligible to apply, your organisation must:
- Be located within:
- 10 km of Crockdun Wind Farm
- or 10 km of Crockagarran Wind Farm
- or 7 km of Carrickatane Wind Farm
- or 7 km of Curryfree Wind Farm
- or 7 km of Eglish Wind Farm
- OR the primary beneficiaries of your project must be located within one of the above areas of benefit
- Be a constituted group*
- Have a safeguarding policy in place ** and/or agree to attend attend a 40 minutes online training on See Something Say Something – if application is successful.
* A constituted group is one that has a governing document (i.e. memorandum/articles of association or constitution).
** For support in designing a robust adult safeguarding policy, please read Volunteer Now Adult Safeguarding – standard and guidance
Whilst we are open to a broad range of proposals, we cannot support:
- Projects operated by individuals / private sector organisations
- Projects which do not directly benefit the local community
- Projects which conflict with or adversely affect the aim, objectives or policy of ESB or associated companies
- Projects which directly promote or advance any particular religion, faith, or a political party
- Projects which seek to cover running costs, trips, funding campaign contributions or costs,
- Projects that cannot follow government and health agency advice on safety during covid-19 pandemic.
- The fund will not reimburse recoverable VAT
Preparing to submit your application
We have gathered a checklist of things to consider before submitting your application. This is not an exhaustive list, but a guidance.
- How can you demonstrate that this project and activity is a result of the impact from COVID-19 in the community?
- Is your organisation able to deliver this project? is your constitution/article of association wide enough to cover this activity. Please read advise from NICVA (item 8)
- Have you considered how to safely involve volunteers in this project/activity. Please read the Volunteer Now advise for involving volunteers in activities related to COVID-19
- If the project/activity is new to your organisation, we recommend partnering with another organisation already delivering this activity/projecty. This will widen the beneficiaries, the impact of this project/activity as well as avoid duplication in the area.
- All applicants are required to submit their BACS details. Please print and sign this document and upload to your application form. BACS details request form
- Budgeting for your project/activity should include a search of best value for money. At least 3 different suppliers should be contacted. Please consider using local suppliers.
- Paying for volunteer expenses should be backed up by volunteer expenses form. If your organisation does not have one, please read Volunteer Now Guidelines for Providing Volunteers’ Out of Pocket Expenses (COVID-19)
- Please keep all receipts and expenses form, as we will require you to submit this at the end of your project.
Submitting your application form
Please submit your application by ** this has been extended to June 10 by 5pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further queries