For 14 years our Green Doctors have been helping households in London save money, stay warm and improve energy efficiency at home. In partnership with London Boroughs and Housing Associations we visit residents’ homes to install free energy-saving measures, give advice on bills and provide referrals to further services to improve health and well-being.
What happens when a Green Doctor visits my home?
During our free home visits, our specialist Green Doctors can give you one-to-one advice tailored to your needs and circumstances. A home visit can include:
- Surveying the property to identify areas of heat loss, such as non-insulated lofts, and to identify damp or mold problems
- Installing free small measures such as draft excluders and radiator panels
- Referrals for larger measures such as a boiler replacements
- Helping residents better understand your energy bills and helping them switch tariffs to save money
- Supporting residents to access help from energy companies by applying for debt assistance, signing up to the Priority Register or the Warm House Discount
- Referring some residents to other related services that could help them where relevant, including home safety and health or well-being services
To enquire about a free Green Doctor home visit:
Or contact GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk – 0300 365 3005