Journey 2 Work is a voluntary employment programme that gives you personalised support to help reignite your employment goals and help you transfer your life and work experience into new opportunities.
Groundwork NE & Cumbria works in partnership with G4S to deliver the Journey 2 Work project to those aged 16+.
Our friendly Employment Advisors can offer up to a year of 1-2-1 support to help you plan your career, gain qualifications, and transfer your skills into employment.
Our Employment Support Programme is delivered across Cumbria, with offices in Barrow In Furness, Carlisle, Workington and Whitehaven.
How we can help
- We will listen to you and take the time to understand your life, your needs and your goals.
- We will give you a personal Employment Advisor to provide you with consistent support to tackle any issues and help you to progress.
- We will work with you to identify new opportunities in training and employment, and even work experience which matches your skills and goals. You will never be forced to do anything that isn’t right for you.
- We will work with local employers to aid your return into employment
- We will support you with gaining valuable work experience
- We will help you build skills and practical tools for job searching, including interviews, a professional CV and provide access to qualifications and training.
- We can support you to update your I.T. and digital skills.
- We can provide support to help improve your health and wellbeing.
- If you’ve got a great business idea, we can support you in accessing expert advice on self-employment locally.
- We will support you for up to six months after you find a job to help you settle in and progress in work.
The project is for anyone who is currently unemployed. You don’t have to be on benefits to join, but you must be aged 16 or over and a legal resident with the right to work in the UK.
Contact our team
For more information or to join the project, please contact our team:
Barrow Office: 01229 820418
Workington Office: 01900 608121
Carlisle Office: 01228 597358