ESB COVID-19 Recovery Fund
The COVID-19 Recovery fund aims to support communities within the Area of Benefit of ESB windfarms. The fund is open to initiatives and activities addressing the aftermath impact of coronavirus in the community.
The fund is open to not-for-profit and voluntary community-based organisations delivering projects and activities to support the community in the existing wind farm areas of benefit.
The funding is not to be used to fund organisational running costs; however, volunteer expenses will be covered.
What can we fund?
The recovery fund will focus on the following themes:
- Continuation of immediate/emergency support to groups at-risk because of covid-19. For example, foodbanks, delivery of meals to shielding, activity packs for home schooling.
- Capital work/equipment required to re-open facilities/services safely. For example, installation of hand sanitising stations, screens, signs, cleaning products and equipment, upgrade to buildings
- Volunteer schemes that support any of the themes or support the upskilling of individuals who have been directly affected by the economic crisis of the covid-19 pandemic. For example, volunteers’ expenses at the foodbank, volunteer (re) training costs, equipment for volunteer roles.
- Equipment and volunteer expenses for projects addressing the improvement of mental and physical well-being of communities and individuals. For example, outdoor recreation projects, environmental campaigns, community gardens
To be eligible to apply, your organisation must:
- Be located within:
- 10 km of Crockdun Wind Farm
- or 10 km of Crockagarran Wind Farm
- or 7 km of Carrickatane Wind Farm
- or 7 km of Eglish Wind Farm
- Curryfree Wind Farm will not receive applications for the recovery fund. But applications for the yearly ESB Community Fund will open in Autumn 2020
- OR the primary beneficiaries of your project must be located within one of the above areas of benefit
- Be a constituted group
* A constituted group is one that has a governing document (i.e. memorandum/articles of association or constitution).
** For support in designing a robust adult safeguarding policy, please read Volunteer Now Adult Safeguarding – standard and guidance
Whilst we are open to a broad range of proposals, we cannot support:
- Projects operated by individuals / private sector organisations
- Projects which do not directly benefit the local community
- Projects which conflict with or adversely affect the aim, objectives or policy of ESB or associated companies
- Projects which directly promote or advance any particular religion, faith, or a political party
- Projects which seek to cover running costs, trips, funding campaign contributions or costs,
- Projects that cannot follow government and health agency advice on safety during covid-19 pandemic.
- The fund will not reimburse recoverable VAT
Preparing to submit your application
We have gathered a checklist of things to consider before submitting your application. This is not an exhaustive list, but a guidance.
- How can you demonstrate that this project and activity is a result of the impact from COVID-19 in the community?
- Is your organisation able to deliver this project? is your constitution/article of association wide enough to cover this activity. Please read advise from NICVA (item 8)
- Have you considered how to safely involve volunteers in this project/activity. Please read the Volunteer Now advise for involving volunteers in activities related to COVID-19
- If the project/activity is new to your organisation, we recommend partnering with another organisation already delivering this activity/project. This will widen the beneficiaries, the impact of this project/activity as well as avoid duplication in the area.
- All applicants are required to submit their BACS details. Please print and sign this document and upload to your application form. BACS details request form
- Budgeting for your project/activity should include a search of best value for money. At least 2 different suppliers should be contacted. Please consider using local suppliers when possible.
- Paying for volunteer expenses should be backed up by volunteer expenses form. If your organisation does not have one, please read Volunteer Now Guidelines for Providing Volunteers’ Out of Pocket Expenses (COVID-19)
- Please keep all receipts and expenses form, as we will require you to submit this at the end of your project.
Submitting your application form
Please submit your application by *Monday 10 August 5pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further queries