In London we deliver NCVO accredited volunteer services in the boroughs of Barnet, Hounslow, Kingston and the flagship initiatives; Team Westminster and Waltham Forest Borough of Culture’s Legends of the Forest. This is the service that Volunteer Centres do in other boroughs.
We strongly believe in the benefits of volunteering, this is something we see everyday through the work we do. The personal benefits of volunteering are well documented; with proven benefits to health & wellbeing and improving employment prospects, volunteering is also a great way to learn new skills, meet new people and feel like your genuinely making a difference to the lives of others or the local environment. Of course the organisations that volunteers are placed in also benefit and offer support and other benefits to their volunteers in return. It’s win, win.
Our Volunteer Services include:
- Brokerage and promotion of a wide variety of local volunteer placements within borough communities
- Placement of a wide range of individuals into volunteering roles that are the right fit for them
- Supporting charities, businesses and community groups to successfully accommodate volunteers in their organisations and maximise the benefit from the process
- Providing one-to-one support to individuals with long term health conditions or disabilities wishing to volunteer in their community
- Championing and promoting volunteering through local volunteering fairs, community festivals and many other outreach events
For more information contact: email@example.com