Groundwork is both a charitable trust and a social enterprise that has been working to build more sustainable communities since 1985. We do this by helping people and organisations to create better neighbourhoods, to build their skills and job prospects, and to live and work in a greener way.
Our vision is of a society of sustainable communities which are vibrant, healthy and safe, which respect the local and global environmental and where individual and enterprises prosper. We aim to:
- Improve people’s prospects by increasing the confidence, skills, well-being and employability of those furthest removed from, in particular young people.
- Create better places by helping people work together to make their surroundings greener, safer and healthier and get involved in the way decisions are made.
- Promote greener living and working by helping people learn more about their environmental impact and act responsibly to reduce natural resource use.
- We provide leadership and positive energy focused on helping communities to develop solutions.
- We take a person-centred approach that delivers compassionate support to those members of our community in need of our help.
- We are knowledgeable in our field of expertise and use our creativity to develop new and innovative approaches to tackling difficult community problems.
- We are driven to make a difference to our communities – we affect genuine change – and we can demonstrate the impact of our work.
- We demonstrate the highest levels of integrity within our work – striving to build genuine partnerships that are committed to places for the long term.
- We are professional in our performance – hard-working, efficient and effective – ensuring all of our resources are used to maximise the impact of our work.