What are Green Doctors
Groundwork’s Green Doctors help households stay warm, stay well, save money on their household bills and reduce carbon. Our aim is to support the people who most need our support and our staff are as good with people as they are with technical knowhow.
These are some of the free services we offer when someone signs up for a Green Doctor consultation:
- Identifying causes of heat loss in the home
- Helping identify and tackle damp or mould problems
- Offering useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable
- Installing small energy and water efficiency measures, such as draft excluders
- Supporting you to switch energy providers to save money
- Supporting you to access other support, such as emergency heating, government subsidies or grants, advice on energy or water debt.
How and where we can help
It’s hard financially when it’s the winter months. Having small children as well, it’s important to keep warm. The Green Doctors came and showed me how to save energy, apply for grants and put reflective panels behind the radiators, which helped a lot.
– Clare, Green Doctor resident
We can help you in a number of ways depending on where you are in the country.
Cadent Foundation Green Doctor
The Cadent Foundation Green Doctor programme is supporting households in communities across the UK until 2023. Click on the below link to find out if you are eligible.
0330 1740 863
If you live in one of the following areas – Barnsley, Kirklees, Sunderland, Stoke, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire Moorlands, Blackpool, Burnley or Rochdale – then our Energising Communities scheme might be able to help.
Through Energyworks our Green Doctors can help people in Greater Manchester become warmer, healthier and better off by providing energy saving advice and home improvements.
For 14 years our Green Doctors have been helping households in London save money, stay warm and improve energy efficiency at home. In partnership with London Boroughs and Housing Associations we visit residents’ homes to install free energy-saving measures, give advice on bills and provide referrals to further services to improve health and well-being.
North East and Yorkshire
Our Green Doctors in the North East and Yorkshire are operating a dedicated telephone support service to help households in need. To find out if you’re eligible for support, ring 0113 2380601.
The following Green Doctor projects are also running in the North East and Yorkshire:
- Home Plus Leeds
- Warm & Well in North Yorkshire
- Warm Homes Healthy People (Bradford District)
- Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP)
If you live in an area not listed above, why not see if any of our online guides can help you with your energy efficiency needs?