The Comic Relief Community Grants programme is currently closed for applications.
About Comic Relief Community Grants
(Sept 2019 – April 2021)
Organisations were invited to apply for two types of grants that deliver towards one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: projects that support children under the age of 5 to reach their potential and have the best start in life.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that improve equality for women, girls and initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation due to their gender.
- A Safe Place to Be: projects that support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities, improve access to support and tackle stigma and discrimination.
To date the Comic Relief Community Grants programme has awarded a combined £3,021,738 to projects across England.
- Project Delivery Grants: £2,073,231 awarded to 543 organisations
- Capacity Building Grants: £141,804 awarded to 178 organisations
- Covid-19 Project Delivery Grants (Funded from ‘The Big Night In’): £696,000 awarded to 174 organisations
- Covid-19 Capacity Building Grants (Funded from ‘The Big Night In’): £110,703 to 115 organisations
Administration of the local funding is being managed by community charity, Groundwork, which specialises in transforming communities and the local environment for the better.