Groundwork has been delivering business resilience advice and support to Suffolk businesses since 2011.
Business resilience is the ability of a business to successfully adapt to interruptions such as severe weather; a resilient business should be able to continue their business operations even when faced with a significant event.
There are many benefits to becoming more resilient, including:
- Improved goods and services
- Protecting existing customer base
- Increased process efficiency
- Costs cut and profit increased
- Legal compliance
- Lowered insurance premiums
- Trust from customers, suppliers, stakeholders, staff and management
- Greater understanding of wider business operation
- Ability to continue trading with minimum disruption in the event of an incident
Free support available
To find out more about resilience and to find out how resilient your business is, visit the Get Business Resilient website and use our innovative new tool: BERT.
Once you've used BERT, businesses along the Suffolk and Norfolk Coast can access free support from a business advisor to help them improve their resilience. This free support could involve:
- Telephone and Email Support
- For businesses that have already made steps to becoming resilient. An advisor can provide distance support to formalise or expand current initiatives
- On Site Resilience Review
- For businesses who need help getting started. An advisor will come to site and carry out a full resilience review and identify your main priority areas.
- We run resilience workshops throughout the Suffolk and Norfolk Coast to help businesses complete the online tool. Keep an eye on the BERT website for latest dates or drop us a note to register your interest.