Experience Works is an exciting initiative which will provide employers with a streamlined youth friendly recruitment solution.
Experience Works utilises work experience to replace traditional recruitment processes, saving you time and money and provides you with a better opportunity to assess applicants’ suitability, reliability and commitment.
Experience Works is a local collaboration with the national schemes: Movement to Work (MtW), Youth Employment UK (YEUK) and Talent Match Mark. The ethos of Experience Works is to support businesses through a socially responsible recruitment model which also tackles youth unemployment across D2N2.
Click on the logos below to view the presentations from the business launch event:
Why get involved?
Experience Works provides an alternative recruitment and selection process, which is free, ethical and effective. Engagement with Experience Works can enable you to:
- assess applicants’ employability based on their competence, aptitude and attitude
- exceed your CSR Policies and Objectives
- exceed your Social Mobility Policies and Objectives
- exceed your Equality and Diversity Policies and Objectives
- satisfy contractual and procurement Social Obligations
- implement youth friendly recruitment and employment practices
- attract young people into your business and address skills gaps
- gain accredited recognition as a Youth Friendly Employer
- connect with local and national employers through our membership networks
For Participants, Experience Works offers the opportunity to:
- gain meaningful work experience linked to real employment opportunities
- demonstrate your ability and work readiness
- explore different career options and learn new skills
- get into the routine of working on a daily basis
- apply for jobs through your performance on you work experience placement
- make sure that you can and want to do the job you are applying for
- continue to claim your benefits
- improve your confidence and prove to yourself that you can do a job
To find out more, please call 07985555151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternativly, you can also visit the experience works portal which will have all the vacancies that are available listed.