Groundwork UK is looking for a Specialist Partner or Partners to deliver enrichment activities in the areas of horticulture, gardening and related practical skills to the target group of young people across Coventry and Warwickshire.
‘Progress’ is a tailored programme of coaching and support to help NEET young people access training and employment opportunities that is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund.
Proposals are sought from organisations with experience in delivering the above to young people aged between 15-24 who are facing significant barriers to engaging with education, employment and training.
- We are looking for organisations:
- Able to deliver the above stated courses
- Able to deliver small group sessions – ideally in community settings.
- With delivery history and capacity in Coventry & Warwickshire – ideally with experience of working with NEET /at risk of NEET young people and/or young people with complex or specific barriers to engagement with education, employment or training.
- With experience and track record in supporting young people.
- Committed to open communication and collaborative, partnership-focused working.
- Ready to commence delivery from November 2019.
- Who will add value to the Progress partnership overall, supporting other partners to recruit and progress suitable young people.
- With the experience (preferred but not essential), capacity and capability to manage the requirements of the European Social Fund.
Proposals are particularly welcomed from organisations who are able to offer small group provision (under 10 learners). Experience to date has shown us that flexibility is key to engaging with this cohort of young people, and the ability to deliver in the heart of communities where support is needed most is important. Ideally the partner will be able to deliver across the whole delivery area, but proposals from organisations delivering only in specific areas will be considered. In these circumstances the full budget may be distributed across a number of successful tenderers. Please note that all Building Better Opportunities activity must represent additional activity to any delivery paid for by other means.
Existing partners are welcome to apply in the interests of diversifying or increasing their role in the programme, but they will not be at an advantage, with all tenders reviewed objectively and awards made on merit.
How to apply
1. With reference to the Scoring Matrix (Appendix C) please complete and submit the Tender Submission (Appendix B) and Form of Tender (Appendix D) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 12pm on Wednesday 20 November 2019.
2. Groundwork will assess and score tenders and respond to all tenderers by 5pm on Friday 22 November 2019.
3. The highest scoring tenderers may be invited to interview at Groundwork UK (Central Birmingham) on Monday 25 November 2019. Please ensure suitable representatives are available on this date.
4. The outcome of the process will be communicated by Tuesday 26 November 2019.
For further information or clarification please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘BBO Partnership Tender’ in the email subject line, or contact Sarah Duncan or Joe Osborne on 0121 236 8565.
The final deadline for tender-related questions is midday, Friday 15 November 2019. More information regarding BBO Progress, can be found on the Groundwork website: https://www.groundwork.org.uk/progress
Full details of the Building Better Opportunities programme can be found on The National Lottery Community Fund website: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/building-better-opportunities
Full guidance documents from The National Lottery Community Fund can be found here: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/building-better-opportunities/guide-to-delivering-european-funding