The Friends of Castle Park are a group of local volunteers who dedicate their spare time to enhancing their park. One of the main aims is to increase the usage of the park for the greater community, whilst supporting The National Lottery Heritage Fund in the Castle Park project.
How old do I have to be?
- 16 & 17 year olds can volunteer on their own with written consent (email is sufficient) from a parent or guardian.
- Younger volunteers are welcome with an accompanying adult.
What opportunities are there?
- Monthly conservation tasks:
- Himalayan balsam and nettle clearing
- Vegetation clearing
- Path construction
- Wildlife surveys
- Opportunities to get involved include helping to run events, carrying out conservation tasks and being part of the decision making process over park improvements.
Who do I contact?
Contact email@example.com and go from there!