Become a Green Leader!
Are you passionate about transforming a local green space? Are you ready to learn new skills and inspire others to get involved?
Groundwork’s Green Leaders is a youth programme that provides free mentoring to help you have your say on how green spaces are run in your community.
Working closely with Groundwork, we will support you to design, create and start your own campaigns, events or action groups. You will be part of a group of 40 young people who share your passion for environmental action.
The programme is designed to support young people to become advocates for change in their community all while building the confidence, knowledge, and skills that lead to positive social action.
What’s in it for you?
- Training: Take part in five weeks of online training; covering topics such as project design, public speaking, and media training all of which are designed to equip you with the tools you need to advocate for change.
- Mentoring: Groundwork staff and Groundwork Youth Advisory Board members will be on hand to mentor you as and when you need it.
- Support and recognition: You will receive social action toolkit to get you started and Groundwork Youth Award when you complete the programme.
- Funding: Access to a social action grant of £100 to kick start your project.
- Networking: Opportunities to attend networking events to share learning and celebrate project success.
- Collaboration: Join our growing Youth Network with exclusive access to additional opportunities.
The programme is open to young people aged 16 – 20 across four locations: Greater Manchester, Northamptonshire, London and the West Midlands.
Green Leaders will require a few hours per week – in addition to the training – to make your social action project a success. There will be breaks for holidays and the programme is flexible for any education or work commitments.
We welcome young people of different backgrounds and learning abilities and will tailor the programme to fit with your needs and personal development goals.
Please note: we are currently running Green Leaders online, with the aim to support Covid-safe practical action when guidance allows.
How to apply
Applications are open from Friday 19 February to Sunday 28 March 2021.
Have an enquiry?
Find out more about the #iwill Fund and how it’s supporting Green Leaders.