We are seeking trustees who will bring new skills, knowledge and experience to help us fulfil our ambitions and achieve maximum impact. We’re particularly interested in recruiting trustees to reflect the diverse and multicultural communities of London.
If you would like to use your talents and skills to contribute to building a better future for London and Londoners and be part of an exciting and evolving charity, we’d love to hear from you.
Groundwork London is looking for 3 new Trustees to join our Board. There is also the opportunity to join our Finance & Audit Committee.
As a member of the Board you will primarily be concerned with policy, strategy and governance. The day-to-day management of the organisation is delegated to the paid professional staff, who report progress back to the Board.
The Board is legally responsible for the activities of the organisation. The generic role of the Board is to:
- Lead the organisation and ensure it has a clear purpose and strategy to achieve the organisation’s aims
- Monitor the progress of the organisation and ensure the effective, efficient and economic use of the organisation’s resources and assets
- Ensure compliance with the law and accountability to the organisation’s stakeholders
- Ensure that the Board itself performs effectively, contains people with the skills and experience it needs
- Promote and act in the best interests of Groundwork at all times
The Finance and Audit committee supports the Board by reviewing and scrutinising Groundwork’s financial performance and risk management, and makes appropriate recommendations to the Board where action is needed.
We would really like to hear from you if you are someone who:
- Finds our aims, activities and focus on delivery inspiring
- Has an honest, friendly and challenging approach, and one that fits with our values and principles
- Has the confidence to offer guidance or challenge and speak up in meetings
In order to complement the current make-up of the board we are looking for candidates who:
- Are analytical and questioning with an eye for detail; or
- Have sector experience related to our work, for example: housing regeneration, health, young people, the environment and the green economy, employment; or
- Have experience related to our growth areas such as retail or mapping and data management services; or
- Have financial/analytical skills or experience and would find our complex financial operation motivating; or
- Are a social entrepreneur or have Third sector / charity experience
Find out more
If you would like to be considered to join the Groundwork London Board or the F&A Committee, please send a copy of your CV with an email outlining why you’re interested in becoming a trustee, highlighting how your qualities, experience and skills fit with the requirements of the role.
Emails should be addressed to Zena Edwards, PA to Executive Director, at Zena.Edwards@groundwork.org.uk
We are committed to equality and diversity within our organisation and in the delivery of our projects and programmes and so we are specifically seeking new members from all socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexualities, disabilities and faiths to reflect the diverse and multicultural communities we serve.