Our community Food growing hubs are opening again from Mid-September. At the hubs we will be taking donations of local fruit and veg. If you have an abundance of produce or even if you have a little left over we will be happy to take this off your hands to share with local food crisis services. Details on the hubs below.
Community Hub sessions
We are pleased to announce that hub sessions will be re-commencing the week commencing 14 September.
Community hub sessions will run at the following hubs (where you can also donate):
- Tuesdays from 10am – 12pm at Memorial Park, West Hill Road, Luton, LU1 3LZ (situated behind the lodge which is opposite the tennis court)
- Wednesdays from 10.15am – 12.15pm at Strathmore Avenue Methodist Church Garden
- Wednesdays from 2pm – 3.30pm at Memorial Park – over 50’s session
- Thursdays from 12pm – 2pm at Farley Community Garden, St John the Baptist Church
For further info please contact Molly on 07702 941445
Spring foraging training course, Tuesday 30 March 2021
Run by The Foraging Course Company
The training will cover:
- an overview of foraging laws and safety best practice
- introduction to a number of edible species
- instruction on how to tell edible species apart from poisonous lookalikes
- tips on harvesting and avoiding pollutants
- information on where to find these species
- recipe ideas
- wild food sample/s such as soup, jam, jelly, pesto, vinegar, cordial
*Places are limited. Please contact Sarah Culverwell at Groundwork to book a place on the course.
With thanks to funding from: