Vulnerable young people in Warwickshire will soon be able to tap into first class psychological support from social enterprise Innovating Minds.
Innovating Minds, based in the centre of Stratford upon Avon, will offer one to one psychological support as part of Progress, a £2.8m initiative funded by European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund to help unemployed young people across Coventry and Warwickshire access training, skills and support to find work.
The support on offer will focus on the needs of 15 to 24-year-olds who are not in employment, education or training ('NEETs') who may experience low mood or anxiety and often do not know where to turn for expert help. Over 18 months, 225 young people will access a range of therapies to combat the depression and anxiety which can act as barriers to work and training.
The new team at Innovating Minds will offer evidence-based psychological interventions, including cognitive behaviour therapy and behaviour activation therapy. The approach is tailored to each individual case and will be delivered by qualified, experienced professionals.
The aim is to challenge perceived barriers and encourage aspiration. The offer includes one to one therapy sessions, anxiety management group programmes and managing low mood and depression group programmes.
Innovating Minds will be working locally with a range of providers including Young People First, Learn 2, Team Springboard and Coventry Citizen Advice.
Dr Asha Patel, Chief Executive of Innovating Minds, said: "Personalised psychological support can help young people feel better about themselves and more optimistic about their futures. This is critical to them making successful transitions to education, training or employment.
"We are delighted to have a base in Stratford because we know that young people, particularly from rural communities in South Warwickshire, can find it difficult to access help."
For further information please contact: Dr Asha Patel (email@example.com )
CEO, Clinical Psychologist, Innovating Minds CIC
Notes to Editors:
- ‘Progress’ is a tailored programme of coaching support and bespoke activities to NEET and at risk of NEET young people aged between 15 and 24, enabling them to access training and employment opportunities: groundwork.org.uk/progress
- Progress will be delivered by a partnership of leading youth charities and local partners specialising in engaging young people: Citizens Advice, Coventry City Council, Groundwork West Midlands, Heart of England Mencap, Hereward College, Innovating Minds CIC, Motorvate UK, Positive Youth Foundation, Target Support for Young People (Warwickshire County Council), Team SpringBoard, The Learn2 Group, Valley House, Values Education For Life, Voluntary Action Coventry and Young People First.
- The Big Lottery Fund uses money raised by National Lottery players to help communities achieve their ambitions. From small, local projects to UK-wide initiatives, its funding brings people together to make a difference to their health, wellbeing and environment. Since June 2004 it has awarded £8.5 billion to projects that improve the lives of millions of people. Website │Twitter │Facebook │Instagram
- The project has received up £2.81million of funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
- Tyler House: Stratford Samaritans Community Hub
Modern event and office space for charities and community groups in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon. Visit www.tylerhousehub.org.uk or follow us @TylerHouseHub
Tyler House, Tyler Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6TY