Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor
37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term – 1 year possibly leading to a permanent position
Groundwork London is a social and environmental regeneration charity, working with partners to build sustainable communities where individuals and enterprise prosper. This position is an exciting opportunity to work in a key role in the delivery of our partnership programme with Thames Water.
Duties include: -
- the preparation and delivery of our health, safety & wellbeing plan
- the preparation of risk assessments for field activities
- monitoring and auditing Health Safety and Wellbeing compliance and reporting
- dealing with Health & Safety incidents and subsequent investigations as required
- implementing and adhering to Groundwork Health & Safety policies
- communicating Health, Safety and Wellbeing information to all programme staff
You should have a good understanding of current Health and Safety practices and legislation, with experience and knowledge in a service delivery business, ideally in connection with utilities and charities; desirable though not essential. You should be able to display strong communication skills and empathise with the goals of the project and the roles of each team member.
Educated to degree level and with relevant H&S qualifications, you will also have an interest in sustainable living and conservation issues. You will be used to working to exacting targets and delivery timescales and be prepared to go the extra mile to support the contract success.
Initially, after a probationary period, there will be a fixed term contract period of one year possibly leading to a permanent position. For further information relating to this position please contact Jonathan Brock, Programme Manager on 07736 133465.
Download a job description and application form.
Completed applications to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Quote Reference: 636/HSW in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th August 09:00am
Interview date: 29th August 2019
Groundwork London is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.