Are you passionate about transforming a local green space? Are you ready to learn new skills and inspire others to get involved?
If you answered yes to those questions, great, keep reading!
Groundwork’s Green Leaders programme provides mentoring support for young people aged 16 – 20 to help you have your say on how green spaces are run in your community while gaining the skills to lead sustainable, social action.
The programme will run in four hubs, so you will need to be located within one of the following areas:
- Manchester, London, Northampton and Birmingham.
You will spend eight-months developing your leadership skills, meeting with other Green Leaders in your hub and creating environmental projects in your community.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a project idea or issue they want to tackle connected to a community green space – a vision we will support you to achieve!
- Are inclusive and knowledgeable about their community – to succeed you will need to inspire your peers and wider community to get
- Are keen to develop leadership skills and make their voice heard – this includes learning from others and communicating and testing your ideas.
- We welcome young people of different backgrounds, learning abilities, and circumstance and will tailor the programme to fit with your needs and personal development goals.
What will you gain from joining the programme?
Becoming a Green Leader will help you to build the practical leadership skills you need to make a difference in your local community. Working closely with Groundwork staff and our Youth Advisory Board, we will support you to connect with other Green Leaders and to implement your own events, campaigns, and action groups.
- Step 1: Fill out this short application by Sunday 16th February
- Step 2: We will be touch with you by Friday 28th February to let you know if you have been successful.
- Step 3: Dive into your induction exploring personal and project goals, via phone from 16th March – 27th March
If you need to speak to someone about the programme, please contact Stephanie at Groundwork UK.