Whether you’re looking to gain work experience and broaden your horizons, fulfil your passion for environmental issues or simply want to give a few hours a week to a cause that benefits your community, Groundwork can help you to do something special.
Wondering what it's like to volunteer with Groundwork?
We regularly work with volunteers and value the contribution they make to our projects. Volunteering with us could put you in a strong position to progress into paid employment with us or another employer. Many of our existing employees began their careers with us as volunteers. If you're interested in volunteering with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A copy of your CV or summary of your experience, and what you feel you have to offer us as a volunteer
- What type of projects you are interested in taking part in (e.g. gardening, environmental, administrative, communications etc.) or if there is a specific project or programme which interests you
- Which area of London best suits you in terms of travelling to our sites and offices
- Which days and times you are available, and the length of time you are able to commit as a volunteer
Read Lorna's story.
Elevate is currently looking for a Volunteer Employment Advisor for our Lewisham and Islington refugee drop-in sessions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering confidential advice on employment in the UK
- Offering guidance on CVs and job applications
- Researching employment opportunities
Travel and lunch expenses will be covered.
For more information or to apply please contact:
Irina on 020 7922 1230 or email@example.com
Other volunteering ideas
We aim to inspire and support volunteering in London by working in partnership with some borough councils to deliver comprehensive local volunteering services. If there aren't any suitable opportunities to volunteer with Groundwork London, and you still want to volunteer locally, this is a good place to start.
You could also view our latest job vacancies. Please note, Groundwork London does not accept CVs or employment enquiries that are not related to an advertised position.