Do you want to find, or get involved in a specific community project in London?
What we do and why:
We support communities to come together and change the places they live for the better, while also developing new skills, growing in confidence and making new friends.
We give communities the tools to take the lead for themselves, and support collective action to tackle environmental challenges. We run community gardens, allotments and youth clubs, we work with communities to organise local events and festivals and create community spaces for play, socialising and wellbeing.
Why partner with us?
- Practical social action: we help people roll up their sleeves and make a practical difference to their surroundings, generating a sense of achievement and leaving a tangible impact.
- Track record: we’ve been consulting, involving and enabling communities for over three decades, and we understand how to reach those who often aren’t asked for their views.
- Community enablers: we specialise in helping people get organised and take their first steps towards committed community action.
- Connecting people to nature: we bring people together through local environmental improvements, and we’re passionate about the benefits of nature and green infrastructure to wellbeing.
- Multiple outcomes: we design initiatives that improve lives and neighbourhoods in multiple ways: for example improving a local park while also reducing isolation and increasing physical activity.
Get in touch:
To discuss developing a new community project with us, or replicating an existing project in a borough or neighbourhood, please contact Sarah Whitby, Community Operations Manager. Sarah.Whitby@groundwork.org.uk