We understand the importance of supporting young children and families. Having recently been awarded the Mentoring and Befriending Provider Standard from the NCVO, we feel even more confident that our work is making a real difference to young families.
We promise to:
- Support 400 young people to access educational, interactive sessions
- Support 725 children and their families to improve their life chances
- Support 70 young people to become less at risk
Through the project Small Steps Big Changes (SSBC), our volunteers together with pregnant women, mothers, families, health professionals and a wide range of parenting agencies in order to:
- Assist the development of children from a social and emotional perspective
- Promote a healthy lifestyle (with particular emphasis on nutrition)
- Help develop young children develop their communication skills
We are immensely proud to have helped many young familes from all over the D2N2 region and look forward to many more success stories.
For more detailed information on our work with young families including contact details and calendars, please visit our dedicated site linked below.