Canal Maintenance volunteers will be supporting the maintenance and upkeep of the Beeston Lock and Canal. Volunteers will be involved in various activities to help keep a 2 kilometre stretch of the Beeston Canal including lock, maintained for boaters, walkers and the local community.
Groundwork Greater Nottingham will provide equipment, gloves and high visibility jackets for volunteers.
Volunteers role to include:
- Painting fences, rails, mooring posts and step edges
- Clearing paths
- Litter picking
- Vegetation clearing
- Manual Dredging
Volunteer will show a commitment to:
- The aims of GGN.
- Improving outcomes for the environment.
- Working in a non-judgmental and inclusive way with all members of the community.
- Be reliable.
- Complete training as required and make use of skills gained.
- Attend catch up meetings required with volunteer coordinator.
Volunteer’s travel costs will be covered/reimbursed when traveling to and from activities for and on behalf of GGN.
You will are not be required to have experience however, it may be useful if you have experience of any of the following areas:
Volunteers will be asked to complete a minimum of 3.5 hours per week:
Monday-Friday between 10.00am – 1.00pm or 1.30pm – 4.00pm.
Training will be provided to all volunteers to ensure they are fully prepared for their role. Volunteers will be required to attend induction training sessions.
- Induction Training – Introductions to Groundwork Greater Nottingham, Health & Safety and completing expenses forms.
- Additional Training – First Aid, use of equipment and how to open locks
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please contact Richard Owen, Volunteer Coordinator, at
email@example.com or call 07771348655.