SALARY: £8.00 - £8.50
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent Contract (Job Share / part time hours / flexible hours available, hours to be agreed with the right candidate/s).
OPERATIONAL AREA: Thames Valley Area
Are you looking for working hours that don’t include evenings and Christmas Day? Do you want to work in an idyllic location in the heart of a country park? Are you a customer focussed individual who enjoys supervising and leading a talented, enthusiastic, passionate team? If so this role could be for you.
This is an exciting new opportunity to work closely with the Cafe Manager to manage and develop a vibrant community café providing a comfortable and welcoming meeting place for visitors to enjoy good quality, healthy and affordable refreshments and shared activities throughout the year.
You will ensure the team are competently trained and compliant with relevant legislation, you’ll also make sure every food and drink order is fresh, tasty, beautifully presented and served with a smile. You’ll work with the team to ensure the outlet is well presented and tables are cleared efficiently.
The successful applicant will have experience of food preparation in a catering environment, understand the importance of customer service, food safety and understand the relationship between turnover, profit, wastage and gross profit margins.
The perfect candidate must be able to:
- Evolve and develop the retail / food offer and having not just the ability to do so, but confidence to carry out change using initiative.
- Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in a hospitality environment in a Managerial or Supervisory role.
- Develop and train current/existing team members to ensure consistency across food and beverage operation.
- Passionate about food
- Confident supervising teams – rota’s managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of all health and safety compliance requirements
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.
Closing Date: 8th April 2018
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
A job application pack can be downloaded from below, please send your application forms to Laura Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Groundwork South, Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, DA12 2JY.
Job Description and Person Specification
How to Apply
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.