The Achievement Coaching programme has been designed to work with young people who have been identified as at high risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) and targets young people who are, or who have been:
- A looked after child or care leaver
- Young carers
- Issued an Education Health and Care Plan
- At the risk of being asked to leave post-16 school/college, e.g. due to poor attendance or not meeting other requirements such as homework etc.
- At the risk of dropping out of post-16 school/college due to poor course choice and needing support to identify their next steps
What we’re doing
Young people aged 11-17 in Tameside, Manchester and Trafford are provided with weekly 1-2-1 sessions with our experienced youth workers.
During coaching sessions, youth workers will:
- Help young people to become stronger and more resilient
- Equip and enable them to achieve their full potential
- Give them a voice
- Improve their employability
Find out more
To find out more about the Achievement Coaching programme in Tameside, Manchester and Trafford please contact Claire Begley, Senior Youth Lead for Mentoring and Coaching
Funders & Partners
This project was made possible thanks to funding and support from Tameside Council, Manchester City Council and the SAFE Task Force.