UK homes are among the least efficient in Europe and as a result illness related to living in a cold homes cost the NHS approximately £850 million per year.
Our Energyworks Green Doctors offer a number of energy saving services to Greater Manchester residents enabling them to be warmer, healthier and better off in their homes.
Energy advice support for residents
The Energyworks team offer free energy advice phone calls to residents in Greater Manchester, with the possibility of arranging a home energy advice visit too.
The team can provide support with the following:
- Identifying causes of heat loss in the home
- Identifying and tackle damp or mould problems
- Offering useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable
- Helping with heating controls (including storage heaters)
- Installing small energy and water efficiency measures, such as draft excluders, LED lightbulbs and radiator foils
- Supporting in switching energy providers to save money
- Helping residents apply for the warm home discount or register on priority service registers
- Capping water rates and freezing payments where eligible
- Supporting with metering issues
- Providing support to access services such as emergency heating, government subsidies or grants for large measures, such as a full central heating system, new boiler, cavity wall and loft insulation (eligibility criteria apply)
- Arranging onward referrals to external agencies for further support.
Upon arrival at a free in- home visit, the Energyworks team will go through a simple questionnaire which allows them to gain a better understanding of how they can improve the household’s energy efficiency. They may recommend some small measures which can be fitted by the team for free as well as onward referrals to external partners for large energy efficiency measures such as boiler replacement etc, and referrals to other agencies for further support.
Appointments are typically made through partner referrals however they can be requested directly.
Or call 0800 090 3638
Free energy advice resources for residents
The Energyworks team have created a number of resources which residents can use to help make their home warmer and more efficient.
Guides to fitting easy measures:
Useful energy resource links
- Find the best energy deal for you with the Groundwork Switch website.
- For water saving freebies, priority services and support if you’re struggling to pay your water bill, visit the United Utilities website.
- For more information on the 2020 Warm Homes Discount Scheme visit the government website.
- For information from Electricity North West simply visit their website.
Information about the Green Doctor service for partners
Groundwork have been providing our home energy advice to residents in Greater Manchester for over 20 years and have a large networks of partners to help support our delivery.
See examples of the residents supported by our work at the bottom of the page.
Free resources for partners
Please feel free to download and share these resources with colleagues, residents or across the wider community:
Community events & group presentations
Our Green Doctors regularly attend local community events with a table of free goodies and information on fuel savings. Here, residents can meet the team and ask for advice on the free energy advice services available. In addition, our Green Doctors enjoy presenting to local community groups about how to save energy and money in their homes. These talks are always interactive with a show and tell feature showcasing the small energy saving measures and freebies available through the service.
Front line worker presentations
Front line workers are an essential part of the Energyworks service and our team are always looking to improve referral routes.
It is only by working together that residents receive the holistic, all round support needed. Our Green Doctors are keen to attend your team meetings to talk to you about how our service can support your clients and explain in detail how you can make referrals into our service.
Whether you would like to book us for an event, talk or team meeting please do not hesitate to get in touch, we value your support as a partner.
Or call 0800 090 3638
Energyworks is made possible thanks to funding from: