This role is fully funded by the European Social Fund
SALARY: £22,000 to £23,000
HOURS: 37.5 hours a week (part-time hours will be considered)
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term to Aug 2022
OPERATIONAL AREA: Devon & Cornwall
LOCATION: Saltash with travel to Torpoint and Callington.
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
We are excited to be expanding our Devon & Cornwall team further. This rewarding role is part of a rapidly expanding youth, employment and training services team in South East Cornwall, working on our ESF projects, funded through the Community Led Local Development programme.
We are looking for an inspirational Achievement Coach/Tutor to deliver a diverse range of products that enable unemployed/inactive adults and NEET (Not in education, employment or Training) Young People, aged 18 years and over, to gain the skills, motivation and confidence to return to sustainable work, education or training.
The Achievement Coach/Tutor will manage a caseload of clients, working together with our team of Coaches and Tutors to deliver meaningful information, advice and guidance sessions, with personal development and small group learning. Instilling a sense of community is also integral to our programme, encouraging and supporting our clients to take part in social action that enables positive change.
- To engage and work with unemployed/inactive/NEET participants, delivering an innovative programme of support that provides personal, social and educational development that will enable people to access education, employment or training.
- To deliver motivational and inspirational small group sessions that lead to positive behaviour change in people whilst providing access to a range of accredited and non-accredited learning.
- Evaluate and monitor participants’ achievements in line with the contractually agreed reporting guidelines and requirements.
- Provide a package of wrap-around support tailored to meet our learner’s needs: including joint delivery with partners, in-house provision of learning, group activities enabling peer support, and/or supported referral to specialist providers offering multi complex needs specific support.
- To engage and work with local employers, to identify local skills gaps. Working closely with other Achievement Coaches and Tutors, building group sessions to build these skills in learners to bridge the local skills gaps. When needed, offering support local employers with their recruitment processes.
- Administration of client and funders paperwork to meet internal and external requirements
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check. James Baggley – Delivery ManagerPhone: 07715631767
A job application pack can be downloaded below. If you wish to discuss the role please contact: Email: James.email@example.com
Please send to Laura Dyke on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date. 26th February 2021
Interview Date: 4th March 2021
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.