This role is fully funded by the European Social Fund
SALARY: £9,594 – £10,202.40 per annum (FTE £15,990 – £17,004)
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week (Set within an agreed framework between Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm)
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term to June 2022
OPERATIONAL AREA: Devon & Cornwall
LOCATION: Saltash or Plymouth
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects, we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth, Skills and Employment and Greener Living & Working.
It is an exciting time to join our Devon & Cornwall Team, working as part of a small team of Tutors and Achievement Coaches, supporting local people to return to education, employment or training opportunities, working on our ESF projects, funded through the Community Led Local Development programme.
Our ideal candidate will require a fantastic eye for detail, be a great organiser and have a high level of numeracy skill.
- To accurately reconcile and report on project financial expenditure weekly/monthly/quarterly. This will involve taking a pro-active approach to obtaining the regular data required, ensuring strong relationships with internal departments that provide the data and being mindful of the effort required by all to provide this level of detail for a project.
- To manage, reconcile and accurately record petty cash.
- To be mindful of the confidential nature of all the information handled.
- Ensure case files are eligible and compliant and are uploaded and posted in line with data protection.
- To support the Team to ensure projects are as efficient as possible.
- Work in line with project plans, organising the team’s diaries, contacting participants with any queries or to arrange attendance at training sessions.
- Ad-hoc daily tasks as and when required, ordering stationery for the project and other support functions.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
A job application pack can be downloaded below. Please send to Louise Bucknell on email@example.com.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2020
Interview Date: w/c 23rd November 2020
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.