Groundwork is the community charity with the green heart.
We are recruiting for:
Head of Operations and Programmes
As part of the Senior team for one Wales leading charities, you will be responsible for the leadership and performance management of several contracts from funders including: Welsh Government, Natural Resources Wales, European Social Fund and Tesco. You will be supported by a team of circa 20 people to deliver large scale environmental projects in the heart of the Welsh Valleys, you will play a part in helping local communities to get the most from their environment.
Salary Circa £30,000
- To lead in the operations of the trust, ensuring high quality programme performance, financial performance, accountability and compliance with grant funders requirements, including the gathering and reporting of data and statistics.
- To ensure all programmes and projects are managed in a timely, appropriate, financially accountable and efficient manner.
- To lead Co-ordinators and teams, including undertaking supervision, appraisals and people management.
- To oversee compliance with quality marks, quality systems, safeguarding and Health and Safety within the organisation and its subsidiaries including ensuring that all policies are up to date and complied with.
- Experience of business management and development
- Experience of managing large scale programmes at a senior level
- Experience of developing and working in partnerships
- Experience of managing publicly funded projects and liaising with funders
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide variety of organisations
- Setting, managing and monitoring budgets to ensure sound financial performance
- Contract performance and staff management
For an informal discussion, please feel free to contact Katy Stevenson or Peter Gater on 01495 222605
Our programmes support communities, groups and individuals of all ages to engage with the natural environment and community spaces, while providing education and training opportunities to support people to improve their life chances.
Can you help us deliver our aims of ‘Changing Places, Changing Lives’?
We offer an attractive working environment, flexible working and family friendly policies.
CVs will not be accepted. Application pack available below:
Completed application packs to be returned to: email@example.com
Groundwork is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
The person appointed will be subject to an enhanced check endorsed by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).