What is the KeolisAmey Docklands Community Grant Funding?
The KeolisAmey Docklands Community Grant Funding (“KeolisAmey Docklands Grants”) is a new community grant programme funded by KeolisAmey Docklands, the operator of the DLR.
The grant programme is designed to give back to the communities that use the DLR by providing grant funding for a range of community projects.
Who can Apply?
The programme is offering grant funding to the following organisations:
• Educational Establishments i.e. schools, playgroups/nurseries/pre-schools
• Parent Teacher Associations
• Religious Organisations
• Registered Charities
• Individuals/Informal/unconstituted groups (though they will need to partner with a constituted group to deliver their project
• Company Limited by Guarantee
• Not for Profit Community Interest Company (CIC)
• Social Enterprise
• Constituted Community Organisation
• Friends of Group
• Tenants and Residents Association
Please note this fund will not be available to individuals, public sector organisations and local authorities or for-profit organisations.
The DLR Community Assist
The aims of the fund are to support and expand upon KeolisAmey Docklands new Community Assist programme.
DLR Community Assist is a tool box of solutions to support customers and communities to travel safely and confidently across the DLR network.
Projects should aim to meet one (or more) of KeolisAmey’s Community Assist Toolbox:
- Accessibility – support to improve the accessibility and safety of the DLR network, especially for those who might require additional support to travel on the DLR network.
- Families – promoting sustainable travel choices for families across public transport, including those with prams/push chairs and children and those in early stage of parenthood.
- Schools – support for school/educational groups to promote respectful and safe travel behaviours and regarding environmental literacy.
- Confidence – support those nervous or who need to rebuild confidence travelling, including, isolate, unfamiliar or first time users, along the DLR network.
- Communities & Environment – support for communities, charities, local business authorities that support and serve residents near to the DLR, and support to make public community spaces greener, safer and more sustainable.
- Employment – Support for unemployed individuals to travel to job interviews and with travel provision for the start of employment.
- Technology – Support for customers that are digitally excluded and who are not yet confident using technology to support their pre, during and post travel habits
- Finance and Environment – Support for customers to make financially savvy choices across topics such as ‘best value’ fares, and to access free activities across the DLR network.
For more information on the above assist categories please see the DLR Community Assist video here.
What’s Available and when?
KeolisAmey Docklands Grants offers grants of between £1,000 to £10,000 to eligible organisations within a three mile radius of any DLR station. The programme is looking to fund projects that positively contribute to communities around the DLR network and support the KeolisAmey Docklands Community Assist categories above.
Applications are open from the 9th of January 2024 and will not close until the 4th of November 2024. There will be 10 deadlines within this period after which applications received to date will be assessed and awarded.
A total of £10,000 will be available each month, for 10 months from February to November 2024. There is a total of £100,000 available for the full period.
Applications will be assessed at the end of every month with awards made shortly after and projects should aim to complete within six months of receiving their grant funding. Any unallocated funds from previous months will be rolled forward into future months.
Below is a timeline for all deadlines for the KeolisAmey Docklands Grants. For a full breakdown of programme timeline including delivery windows, please see the grants prospectus below.
Join our Application Workshops
To learn more about the grant programme and how to apply, come along to our free online workshops. The first two are below, but more will be added over time so please check back. There will be one application workshop per round.
|Link to Register
|23/02/2024 – 10 am online
|This workshop has now passed.
|21/03/2024 – 12 pm online
|Click here to register
How to Apply
- Read the information on this website, the prospectus, and the application question guidance, all four – and watch the video on the eight categories of assistance!
- This will take you to an eligibility checker to ensure you are eligible to receive funding before completing the application.
- If are you eligible to apply, you will be provided with a link to the application. Save this link to return to later. If you lose this link and need another one, you can retake the eligibility checker or just email us at KeolisAmeyDocklandsGrants@Groundwork.org.uk.
- Plan your project: do your research. Talk to your community. Look at the cost of items you need for your project. Talk to other organisations operating in the area so your work is complimentary.
- Draft your application – we suggest doing this in word or another word processor, before copying and pasting your answers into the online form. This helps to enable collaboration between colleagues. And most importantly contact us! We want to help you to submit the best applications possible to the KeolisAmey Docklands Grants.
- When you are ready to apply, follow the application link saved earlier.
- Submit your application. We aim to get back to you within two weeks of the application deadline. We will need some Due Diligence information about your organisation, or ask you to tweak your project to adhere to conditions so it meets the aims of the KeolisAmey Docklands Grants as closely as possible.
- Get Delivering! And ask us if you need any support at all!
Here are resources to help you design your project and write your application:
To apply, read the resources available on this page then follow the link below:
Stay up to Date
If you are interested in staying up to date with the latest on the fund, including when applications are open, click the link below to sign-up to our mailing list.