Elevate is an employment and training programme for refugees in London. Despite often being highly skilled and multi-lingual, refugees can face barriers to entering UK workplaces. Elevate aims to tackle these barriers by mentoring individuals and supporting them to find work that is suited to their experience and qualifications.
A great many refugees are qualified professionals but struggle due to a lack of support, lack of knowledge about the UK job market or application processes, language skills or lack of connection to their professions in the UK. We know that diverse work forces perform better (Mckinsey 2015) and our aim is to improve access to jobs and training opportunities for refugees.
Our experienced team support refugees in a multitude of ways and start with a chat to work out exactly what is needed.
What we offer:
- Workshops on UK work culture, business regulations, job searching, CV writing and interview skills
- Confidential advice on housing, health & trauma in partnership with Refugee Action
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes in partnership with Newham College
- Referral to training, education and other services as appropriate
- Support to identify and secure employment opportunities, including obtaining relevant certificates, registrations and licences
- Support to identify and secure work placements, including matching service, advice and preparation for clients and support for employers
For all enquiries and for eligibility information, contact email@example.com – 020 7922 1230
Come to one of our drop-in sessions in north and south London:
Every Tuesday 1pm-3pm (no appointment needed)
Holy Spirit Church,
Clapham London SW4 9JU
Every Wednesday 10am-3pm (no appointment needed)St Margaret’s Church, Lee Terrace,
London SE13 5DL
*pre-entry ESOL classes and creche facilities available*
Every Thursday 10am-2pm (no appointment needed)The Claremont Project,
24-27 White Lion Street,
London N1 9PD
Elevate is a building Better Better Opportunities project. Building Better Opportunities brings together funding from the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) to help tackle poverty and promote social inclusion across England.