Groundwork London continues to deliver our employability support projects but to minimise risk to our service users and staff, we have temporarily moved to a “remote” service.
This means our team of Advisers are able to provide the same dedicated one-to-one advice and support but via phone or online.
We are still able to register new people to the service so please get in contact to find out more. We will discuss with you the most appropriate method of communication, taking into account your personal situation, IT skills and the resources available to you.
Whether you have recently lost your job, want to work but need help finding and applying for jobs or want to start preparing for returning to work in the future, our Advisors are here to help.
Through the Inspiring Families programme we offer a tailored support package to help people living in Hackney and Newham find a job that is a good fit for them and their family circumstances.
Our Employment Advisors take a whole family approach and help participants prepare for that step into work.
What we offer:
- 1-2-1 advice appointments
- Workshops on a wide range of topics, including financial management, motivation and confidence building and health and family wellbeing
- Application and cover letter advice
- Interview preparation
- Advice on how to access the ‘hidden job market’ (jobs that aren’t advertised)
Who we can help
To access this support through Inspiring Families, participants will be out of work and be experiencing some challenges in their family. Challenges such as:
- One or more children not attending school
- Health issues in the family
- Criminal activity or anti-social behaviour in family
- Domestic violence or abuse behaviour in family
- A child on, or needing a Child Protection Plan (CPP)
If you or someone you know is facing such challenges and is out of work please contact your local advisor to find out how we can help:
HackneyGroundwork, 6-8 Lower Clapton Road E5 0PD
firstname.lastname@example.org – 07809 201 891
NewhamStratford Advice Arcade 107-109 The Grove E15 1HP
email@example.com – 07889 755 505
Inspiring Families is managed by Serco on behalf of the Department for Work & Pensions; funded by the European Social Fund, and delivered locally by Groundwork London’s dedicated Employment & Skills team.