Groundwork London continues to deliver our employability support programme ‘Inspiring Families’, but in order to minimise risk to our service-users and staff we have temporarily moved to a “remote” service. This means our team of dedicated Advisers are able to provide the same level of one-to-one advice and support online or via the phone.
Inspiring Families is still open for registration up until mid-March 2021, so please do get in touch to find out more. We will discuss with you the most appropriate method of communication, taking into account your personal situation and the IT capabilities and resources available to you.
Whether you have recently lost your job, are ready to get back into the workforce but just need some help finding and applying for jobs, or are preparing for a return to work in the future, the Inspiring Families programme can help.
We offer a tailored support service to help participants find a job that is a good fit for them and their family circumstances. Our dedicated Employment Advisors take a person-centred approach, offering advice and support in the context of each individual situation. This includes your family circumstances, caring responsibilities, financial situation, health restrictions, previous experience, and, of course, your aspirations.
What this service offers:
- A person centred approach. We offer 1:1 advice appointments, tailored to your individual circumstances.
- Extended support. We can work with participants for up to 65 weeks. This means you don’t need to be looking for immediate work to access support. We can help you prepare for a return to work in the future.
- Support whilst in employment. We know that the first 6 months of starting a new job are the biggest challenge, and we continue to offer support during this time.
- Advice on a wide range of topics. Including financial management and benefits, motivation and confidence building, careers advice, and accessing work through volunteering.
- Job search, applications support, and interview preparation. We assist with job searching and applications, direct opportunities, and supported employment.
Inspiring Families can offer support if you are out of work and experiencing challenges in your family circumstances, including:
- Children with school attendance issues
- Health issues or disability in the family
- Caring responsibilities for disabled or elderly family members
- Housing and debt problems
- Criminal activity or anti-social behaviour in the family
- Domestic violence or abuse in the family
- A child on, or needing, a Child Protection Plan (CPP)
This eligibility extends to anyone within your family, as long as they are 16 years or older.
If you, or anyone you know, is out of work and facing such challenges, please contact one of our team to find out how we can help:
Or:kamrul. email@example.com – 07540 126 706 (If you text your name & borough of residence we will call you back)
Inspiring Families is managed by Serco on behalf of the Department for Work & Pensions; funded by the European Social Fund, and delivered locally by Groundwork London’s dedicated Employment & Skills team.