We run team programmes that can be truly life changing. Take a group of young people, give them a series of challenges, teach them new skills and watch the teamwork grow and individual blossom in just a few weeks.
Young people who are struggling to find their path in life can be transformed by working with their peers in a team. In some areas we provide the National Citizens Service to 16-18 year olds and the Princes Trust Team programme to unemployed 16-25 year olds, as well as our own bespoke personal development courses.
Our team programmes draw on a number of tried and tested ingredients:
- Learning: having fun while gaining practical life skills like budgeting, planning, and healthy living
- Residential: a chance to try out high octane activities like rock climbing, orienteering or archery, learning to trust each other in a setting far removed from everyday life.
- Social impact: gaining the satisfaction of leading a real project to benefit the local community, often involving planning, fundraising and practical action
- Peer support: meeting and bonding with young people from different backgrounds, helping to develop a peer support network, increasing resilience and reducing isolation.
- Recognition: gaining rewards and qualifications and celebrating achievements made at the end of the programme
- Referral onwards: helping young people plan their next steps in terms of education, work and life goals – many of our youth workers are graduates from our personal development programmes.