Community and Environment Manager
Salary: £28,595 - £31,714
37 Hours per week
Based in Tipton with regular Travel across the West Midlands Region
Groundwork West Midlands are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced manager to lead our busy Community and Environment team. As Community and Environment Manager, you will hold overall responsibility for the management and delivery of a broad range of projects, with a focus on Land Management, Environment (including greenspace improvements), Land Design and Community Engagement.
You will need to have a broad understanding of, and interest in, community and environmental issues, along with effective project and people management skills and an ability to prioritise your own work programme.
As part of this role, you will:
- Deliver and manage a range of community, health and wellbeing projects with a focus on Environment (including greenspace improvements), Land Management, Land Design and Community Engagement.
- Be responsible for staff management, support and development both within projects and pastorally.
- Provide management information to senior managers and board members regarding specific projects, finance and staff performance.
- Work with senior managers to develop and maintain strategic relationships, and income streams, to support the Community and Environment team.
- Identify and implement opportunities to layer project delivery within and across themes.
- Ensuring quality of delivery is consistently high.
Experience in bid preparation and successfully securing funding would be an advantage. Regular travel across the region is required for this role, so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
At Groundwork West Midlands we pride ourselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension, life insurance, parking and free refreshments. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
Along with its IIP and Workplace Wellbeing Charter accreditation, Groundwork West Midlands was placed 73 in the Times Top 100 Not for Profit Companies 2015, 1 Star Best Companies and has a commitment to the health and wellbeing of all our staff.
Application and Equal Ops form
Job Description and Person Specification
Recruitment of Ex Offenders Policy
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post
No agencies please. CV’s will not be accepted
Closing date: Friday 6th April 2018
Provisional Interview date: Monday 16th April