Health & Wellbeing Project Officer
Salary: £18,260 per annum
37 hours per week (occasional evening and weekend working)
Based in Stoke with regular travel across the West Midlands Region
We are looking for an experienced project officer to assist in the delivery of a range of health and wellbeing projects and informal education aligned to the Public Health and Wellbeing agenda.
Using your working knowledge of the health and wellbeing agenda, you will:
- Deliver health and wellbeing projects, ensuring they meet the minimum standards as well as the needs of clients and partners;
- Promote active and healthy lifestyles to individuals, families and diverse groups;
- Build and develop constructive relationships with key customers;
- Develop and maintain close links with all sectors of the community and local employers;
- Ensure the smooth running of our programmes in the interests of sustaining business relationships;
- Ensure all volunteers and trainees are trained to the required standard;
- Be alert to the safeguarding of young people and children, raising any issues and concerns;
Experience of delivering informal education is essential as well as working in partnership with public, private and voluntary sectors, particularly related to health and wellbeing.
You must have a Level 2 qualification in Nutrition/Weight Management or similar subject and a L2 sports coaching/personal training qualification. Regular travel across the region is required for this role so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
At Groundwork West Midlands we pride ourselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension and free refreshments. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
Along with its IIP and Workplace Wellbeing Charter accreditation, Groundwork West Midlands was placed 73 in the Times Top 100 Not for Profit Companies 2015, 1 Star Best Companies and have a commitment to the health and wellbeing of all our staff.
If you are interested in applying then please complete the application form below and return or contact Groundwork West Midlands to request one:
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0121 530 5514
Job Description & Person Specification
Application Form and Equal Opps Monitoring Form
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post
No agencies please. CV’s will not be accepted
Closing date: Tuesday 21st November 2017