Role: Project Assistant Trainee (Our Bright Future)
Line Manager: Senior Education Project Officer
Location: Groundwork London, Lower Clapton Road, Hackney
Role Description: Schools Assistant Trainee Internship - Groundwork London Community Team
Hours: 3 days per week for a period of 6 months
Groundwork London is currently looking for a dedicated Project Assistant Trainee to support the East London Community & Schools Team with Our Bright Future, a food waste and eco school project. The role will support the Senior Education Officer and Project Officer delivering the project in schools. The role assists the project workshop deliverer in schools, and supports in the preparation of learning and delivery materials for the sessions, and helps with undertaking and analysing school surveys.
How will this opportunity benefit you?
The internship with the Groundwork Trust’s Community team will allow you to gain experience:
- Working as part of a diverse and busy community project delivery team
- Developing project management and delivery skills
- Gain experience of working in a school setting
- Delivering projects which benefit you, the community, and the environment.
We will provide:
- Payment at £7.83 an hour
- Support with the role and with your personal development
- A work reference upon request and support to find long term employment
- Training opportunities e.g. Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Project Planning & Delivery, Child Safeguarding etc.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure
The successful candidate:
- Must be aged between 16 – 24 years
- Must not be in current education, training or employment
- Should be available 3 days a week for a 6 month period, starting late September
- Should have basic knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role, by 17th September to email@example.com If you have any questions relating to the role, please contact Caroline or Danielle on 020 8985 1755.
Groundwork London is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.