Groundwork NI are recruiting a part-time Communities Project Officer on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave, it is anticipated the start date will be early January 2020
The Communities Project Officer will be responsible for developing and delivering the Mens Shed Programme and other community-based projects that will deliver initiatives resulting in meaningful social change. S/he will have excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail, as well as first-rate written and verbal communication skills. S/he will have an outgoing, professional manner, and will work well to deadlines. S/he will work well in teams, have a propensity for thinking ahead with the ability to rise to the challenge of new or unexpected circumstances, a commitment to self-development, and have a strong personal commitment to the aims and objectives of Groundwork Northern Ireland.
The person we are looking for will have:
- Minimum one years’ experience in developing/ delivering community development programs
- Experience of problem solving and negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to draft letters, reports and other documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident approach in dealing with a wide range of community interests
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- A full driving licence which enables the holder to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car for official business (or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full)
- Willingness to undertake regular travel and to work out of office hours where necessary
- A commitment and appreciation of Health & Safety issues and Equal Opportunities in all work practices
What we can offer you:
- Salary £23,698 pro rata per annum
- 25 days annual leave pro rata per annum
- Training and development opportunities
For an Application Form and Job Description please email email@example.com. The deadline for completed applications is 5.00 p.m. on Monday 23rd November 2020.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Access NI check.
Groundwork Northern Ireland is a company limited by guarantee and registered in Northern Ireland. Company Registration No. NI25852. Charity Registration No: NIC100017