Are you worried about winter, concerned about your energy bills or in fuel debt? Is there damp or mould in your home? Are you anxious about falling ill from cold?
Warm & Well in North Yorkshire can help with these issues and more.
Warm & Well in North Yorkshire is rolling out a range of wellbeing support aimed at reducing excess winter deaths, tackling cold homes and improving overall health.
The project is funded by British Gas Energy Trust and is being delivered by organisations, including Groundwork, across North Yorkshire. A range of practical and financial support is available to residents in North Yorkshire, enabling them to stay warm and well in their homes.
Who is eligible for help?
- The project aims to support:
- People on low incomes or benefits
- Over 65s
- Families with young children
- Anyone with physical or mental health issues
The project also aims to support rural residents, and those off the mains gas grid.
Warm & Well in North Yorkshire offers a wide range of advice, guidance and hands-on support to residents across the county.
Examples of support on offer:
- Support and advice to help you save money on energy costs, including switching supplier, grants and priority services
- Home visits to look at how your home can be kept warm and to make minor repairs or install energy efficiency measures
- A Hardship Fund for those in urgent need
How can I make a referral?
Anyone can get in touch with Warm & Well in North Yorkshire, whether you need support for yourself or are acting on behalf of someone who could benefit from the services available. Individuals can talk to us directly, or professionals and relatives can also get in touch on someone’s behalf.
The Warm & Well in North Yorkshire helpline is operated by Citizens Advice Mid-North Yorkshire, with support from North Yorkshire County Council.