Urgent changes to how we use and manage land are required if we are to successfully respond to the challenges of the climate crisis, air pollution and loss of biodiversity. We work with landowners including housing associations, private developers, local councils and others to pioneer efforts to make our communities more resilient and prepared for the future.
This means carrying out work to adapt to a rapidly warming climate, such as making local environments better able to cope with flooding and urban heat. And it means efforts to reduce our carbon impact through extensive tree planting and design for more walkable neighbourhoods.
We’re leading the way for others to follow with award-winning climate proofing design, and we link our landscape projects to wider programmes of action giving people the knowledge and skills to prepare for local impacts of the climate crisis.
Our Services include:
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDs)
- Catchment management approaches and natural flood management interventions
- Interventions to improve air quality, for example green screens outside schools or along busy highways
- Greener transport corridors and footpath and cycleway design and construction
- Woodland management and development