Groundwork UK is seeking to appoint an organisation or consultant to support the financial management of the Building Better Opportunities programme for 15-24 year old NEET and at risk of NEET young people across Coventry & Warwickshire (‘Progress’).
‘Progress’ is a tailored programme of coaching and support to help NEET young people access training and employment opportunities that is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund.
Groundwork UK is looking for an organisation or consultant who can support Groundwork UK (as lead partner) and all individual partners in the financial management of the BBO Progress programme.
The successful tenderer will act as Finance Manager to the programme, working within Groundwork UK’s contract management team based in Birmingham, with frequent travel to Coventry & Warwickshire. The focus of the role is split between managing the overall programme budget (managed by Groundwork UK as lead partner) and supporting financial management and compliance amongst local delivery partners.
Proposals are sought from organisations/ individuals who have recent knowledge and track record of supporting the financial management of programmes funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). Experience of working in the third sector is preferred as is track record of offering small, community-based organisations financial support.
Key duties will include:
- Financial forecasting for the Groundwork UK management team, including monitoring and reporting staff costs.
- Revising and updating the BBO Progress programme budget (based on aggregated budgets from 15 partners) for the BLF on a quarterly basis.
- Undertaking checks of financial evidence from all partners in line with BBO funding rules, and advising on issues of financial compliance.
- Providing remote and face-to-face support to BBO partners, some of whom have little or no in-house finance expertise or capacity.
How to Apply
1. With reference to the Scoring Matrix (Appendix C) please complete and submit the Tender Submission (Appendix B) and Form of Tender (Appendix D) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 12pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019.
2. Groundwork will assess and score tenders and respond to all tenderers by 5pm on Friday 29th November 2019.
3. The highest scoring tenderers may be invited to interview at Groundwork UK (Central Birmingham) on Monday 2nd December 2019. Please ensure suitable representatives are available on this date.
4. The outcome of the process will be communicated by Tuesday 3rd December 2019.
For further information or clarification please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating “BBO Finance Tender” in the email subject line, or contact Sarah Duncan or Joe Osborne on 0121 236 8565. The final deadline for tender-related questions is midday, Friday 22nd November 2019.
More information regarding BBO Progress, can be found on the Groundwork website: https://www.groundwork.org.uk/projects/progress/
Full details of the Building Better Opportunities programme can be found on the National Lottery Community Fund website: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/building-better-opportunities
Full guidance documents from the National Lottery Community Fund can be found here: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/building-better-opportunities/guide-to-delivering-european-funding