Our landscape design team works with schools to create educational green spaces which support outdoor learning, reflection and contemplation and learning through play.
They integrate nature into their designs in ways that improve air quality and make school grounds more resilient to the effects of climate change; reducing flood risk and providing shade.
Our landscape design team works with schools to create educational green spaces which:
- Create spaces for outdoor learning and/or for contemplation
- Encourage learning through play
- Improve air quality
- Reduce flood risk
- Provide shade during heat waves
We believe every child should have a safe, engaging place to play and learn within their education setting. Play and learning go hand in hand, that’s why we strive to design engaging play landscapes where imaginations can run free. We specialise in:
- Natural play, incorporating the natural landscape into the play experience, using structures made of natural, sustainable materials.
- Integrating nature in our designs in ways that address climate change and improve our sense of wellbeing.
Get support funding your school grounds project
We encourage all of our clients to consider integrating environmental principles, such as those listed below, into their designs. These are topics which we feel are important to consider in order to tackle the climate and nature emergencies.
- Sketch designs & 3D visualisations
- Installation – bringing it to life
- Curriculum-linked workshops exploring nature and climate
- Forest school design and/or delivery.
Groundwork GM – Work with us
Please complete this form is you’re an organisation looking to work, or partner, with Groundwork Greater Manchester:
We are delighted with the work Groundwork have done in improving our school grounds. The outdoor environment for our pupils has been transformed, and with the addition of the Nature garden funded by the National Lottery, we can extend the learning opportunities for our pupils outside of the classroom.Greg Oates, Headteacher at Beever Primary School