Community Project Officer
Salary: £18,260 per annum
37 hours per week
Based in Tipton with regular travel across the West Midlands Region
Groundwork West Midlands are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Community team. As a Community Project Officer you will assist in the development and delivery of a range of projects across our core areas of work, including; Community Engagement; Environment (including greenspace improvements); and Sustainable Education.
You will need to have a broad understanding of, and interest in, community and environmental issues, along with the economic and social needs of residents living in disadvantaged neighbourhoods. Experience in planning and delivering activities is vital, alongside a positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team.
As part of this role you will:
- Deliver community, environment and education projects, ensuring they meet the minimum standards as well as the needs of clients and partners.
- Work with the line manager to develop, build and maintain constructive relationships with all sectors of the community and local employers.
- Ensure the smooth running of our programmes and in the interests of sustaining business relationships.
- Encourage feedback from clients after delivery of sessions / projects and respond accordingly.
- Be able to work to deadlines, ensuring monitoring return forms are completed promptly and accurately.
- Be alert to the safeguarding of young people and children, raising any issues and concerns following policies and procedures.
You must also have effective administrative and organisational skills and be able to prioritise your own work programme. Regular travel across the region is required for this role, so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
At Groundwork West Midlands we pride ourselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension, life insurance, parking and free refreshments. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
Along with its IIP and Workplace Wellbeing Charter accreditation, Groundwork West Midlands was placed 73 in the Times Top 100 Not for Profit Companies 2015, 1 Star Best Companies and has a commitment to the health and wellbeing of all our staff.
If you are interested in applying then please complete the application form below and return or contact Groundwork West Midlands to request one:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0121 530 5514
Job Description and Person Specification: Community_Project_Officer_July_17.docx
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post
No agencies please. CV’s will not be accepted
Closing date: 12:00 Noon Monday 31st July 2017