Groundwork UK is looking for a Specialist Partner to deliver English and mathematics functional skills to the target group of young people across Coventry and Warwickshire.
‘Progress’ is a tailored programme of coaching and support to help NEET young people access training and employment opportunities that is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund.
Proposals are sought from organisations with experience in delivering English and maths functional skills to young people aged between 15-24 who are facing significant barriers to engaging with education, employment and training, and can offer a high degree of pastoral care.
We are looking for organisations who are:
- Able to deliver entry level, level 1 and level 2 English and maths Functional Skills to 15-24 year olds
- Able to deliver additional courses outside of Functional Skills to 15-24 year olds
- Able to deliver small group sessions – ideally in community settings
- With delivery history and capacity in Coventry and Warwickshire – with experience of working with NEET / at risk of NEET young people and/or young
- people with complex or specific barriers to engagement with education, employment or training
- With experience and track record in supporting young people
- Committed to open communication and collaborative, partnership-focussed working
- Ready to commence delivery from April 2020
- Who will add value to the Progress partnership overall, supporting other partners to recruit and progress suitable young people
- With the experience, capacity and capability to manage the requirements of the European Social Fund
Proposals are particularly welcomed from organisations who are able to offer small group provision (under 10 learners) which is welcoming and accessible to young people who have historically struggled to engage in a traditional classroom environment. Experience to date has shown us that flexibility is key to engaging with this cohort of young people, and the ability to deliver in the heart of communities where support is needed most is important.
Existing partners are welcome to apply in the interests of diversifying or increasing their role in the programme, but they will not be at an advantage, with all tenders reviewed objectively and awards made on merit.
How to Apply
1. With reference to the Scoring Matrix (Appendix C), please complete the following and submit both documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 27 March 2020.
Groundwork will assess and score tenders and respond to all tenderers by 5pm on Monday 30 March 2020. The highest scoring tenderers may be invited to interview at Groundwork UK (Central Birmingham) on Tuesday 31 March 2020. Please ensure suitable representatives are available on one of these dates.
The outcome of the process will be communicated by Wednesday 1st April 2020 and delivery is expected to commence on or before Thursday 2nd April 2020.
For further information or clarification please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘BBO Partnership Tender’ in the email subject line, or contact Sarah Duncan or Andy Harrison on 0121 236 8565.
The final deadline for tender-related questions is midday, Thursday 19th March 2020.
More information regarding BBO Progress, can be found on the Groundwork website.
Full details of the Building Better Opportunities programme can be found on The National Lottery Community Fund website.
Full guidance documents from The National Lottery Community Fund can be found here.