Head 2Work is a programme designed to get young people involved in social action projects that will make a positive change in their community and help them get into employment, education, or training. At Head 2Work we believe in empowering young people so that they realise their potential and achieve their goals.
What can Head 2Work offer you?
- Free skills development and training courses to help you build industry-specific skills
- 1-2-1 mentorship with business mentors and employers to help you gain the confidence you need to stand out and succeed
- Support to undertake, develop, and complete a social action project.
- Support into education, employment, or training, whichever is the right path for you
Social action projects
Social action is about people coming together to help improve their lives and solve the important issues facing their community. Our team works closely with participants to help them identify an issue in their local community that they are passionate about solving. The group are then supported in developing the practical solution and putting it into action.
Our social action projects adhere to six key principles. They must:
- Be youth led
- Be challenging
- Have a social impact
- Allow progression to other opportunities
- Be embedded in the young persons life
- Enable reflection about the value of the activity
Read more about previous Social Action Projects below:
To take part in Head 2Work, you must be:
- Aged 18-24 years old
- Living in Croydon, Sutton, Kingston and Merton, Richmond
- Not currently in employment, education or training
Get in touch today!
If you or someone you know would like to take part in Head 2Work, please call, text or email:
For all other enquires please contact Programme Manager Nicola.Byrne@groundwork.org.uk – 07808 898651.