We develop tailored local initiatives with housing associations, major employers, schools and colleges and also run major programmes on behalf of local and national government. We have a strong track record of working in those areas that really need extra support, and of going the extra mile in inspiring people to think differently about their futures.
- Employment advice and support
- Training courses and work experience
- Support programmes tailored for groups facing particular challenges, such as people with disabilities and care leavers
Our strengths include:
- People-centred: Our values as a community charity mean we provide a safe, friendly and supportive environment to all. We take a person-centred approach based on ‘coaching and caring’.
- Neighbourhood connections: We’re ideally placed to reach people who need support through our networks of local partners and connections with local employers
- Job creation: We provide work experience and create jobs within our community programmes, for example through ‘green teams’ improving local environments or social enterprises adding value to the local economy.
- Lived experience: We employ people who have faced their own challenges as leaders, helping us design and deliver targeted programmes around the needs of people with particular barriers such as care leavers, refugees or people with a history of offending.