Groundwork Greater Manchester does not currently offer generic volunteering opportunities.
If you are looking to volunteer in your local community we recommend visiting the following websites:
- For Bolton – https://www.boltoncvs.org.uk/volunteering-services
- For Bury – https://www.buryvcfa.org.uk/volunteering/
- For Manchester – https://manchestercommunitycentral.org/volunteer-centre-manchester/i-want-volunteer
- For Oldham, Rochdale & Tameside – https://www.actiontogether.org.uk/volunteer/search-for-opportunities
- For Salford – https://www.salfordcvs.co.uk/give-your-time
- For Stockport – https://www.stockport.gov.uk/showcase/communities
- For Trafford – http://www.thrivetrafford.org.uk/volunteering-trafford/
Project Based Volunteering
Our wide range of community based projects often include volunteering opportunities, however it is likely that these will be very localised which is why we do not maintain a general database of volunteers to call on. You can find examples of our amazing local projects here.
Current project opportunities are listed below:
- Balsam bashing in Cheadle, Stockport as part of the Bee A Pollinator project. To find out more, visit our Big Balsam Bash 2022 page.
- Conservation of our 5 nature sites and 6 urban areas in Oldham, Rochdale and Manchester as part of the Natural Neighbourhood project. To be considered as a volunteer please complete the below form and email it to Francesca.Sullivan@groundwork.org.uk
- Balsam basing throughout the Irwell Catchment as part of the Farms for Water project. To take part in an organised event please contact email@example.com or feel free to follow this DIY guide to balsam bashing and head to locations on this map:
(Last updated 23.6.21)
Volunteering at our Nature Sites
Groundwork Greater Manchester manage five nature sites across the city region; Roch Valley, Irkside Nature Reserve, Boarshaw Clough (all in Rochdale), Summit Nature Reserve (Littleborough) and Trafford Ecology Park (Stretford).
Predominantly, these sites are maintained by our in-house team and corporate volunteers. Individual volunteering opportunities at these sites are limited due to staff resource.
From time to time we partner with nearby ‘Friends Of’ groups to support ecological work in the nature sites. These groups include: